It’s only just hit me that this project is almost over. I’ve really put a lot of thought into what I want to do after this project is over. I’ve beginning to image what it will be like to wake up Tuesday morning and not have to take my blood sugar, check my blood pressure, and get back to my normal morning routine. I honestly feel as if I have accomplished something significant in my life.
I feel a lot better today. I woke up at decent hour, I some clean up work done, I paid all my bills, I got my shopping done, and I even fixed my sink. I still took some time to myself to relax and recover from this last week. I believe some of the anxiety issues I was feeling stemmed from a combination of seasonal allergies, work-related stress, and a Red Bull I regret buying. I thought it would help me focus on work and get some of the piling project done, but I only became stressed and energetic. It’s actually possible I got less done than if I had skipped the energy drink. It would also explain the significant spike in my blood pressure. Lesson learned, even if they’re vegan, energy drinks are not the answer.
- Lemon Sugar Topping:
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1½ teaspoons finely grated zest from 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries (for jam)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ cup frozen Blueberries
- ½ cup fresh Blueberries
- 1⅛ cup Sugar
- 2½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 Flax Eggs (see note)
- ¼ cup melted Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Almond Milk “buttermilk” (see note)
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Few drops of Lorann Blueberry Emulsion Oil
- Stir together sugar and lemon zest in small bowl until combined; set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Spray standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with non stick muffin liners.
- Bring 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1 tablespoon sugar to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, mashing berries with spoon several times and stirring frequently, until berries have broken down and mixture is thickened and reduced to ¼ cup, about 6 minutes. Transfer to small bowl and cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in large bowl.
- Whisk remaining 11/8 cups sugar, flax eggs, coconut oil and vegetable oil together in medium bowl until thick and homogeneous.
- Slowly whisk in Almond Milk buttermilk, Vanilla and Blueberry Emulsion Oil until combined.
- Using rubber spatula, fold dry mixture into wet mixture, along with ½ cup Frozen and ½ cup fresh blueberries until just moistened. (Batter will be very lumpy with few spots of dry flour; do not overmix.)
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups (batter should completely fill cups and mound slightly). Spoon teaspoon of cooked berry mixture into center of each mound of batter. Using chopstick or skewer, gently swirl berry filling into batter using figure-eight motion. Sprinkle lemon sugar evenly over muffins.
- Bake until muffin tops are golden and just firm, 17 to 19 minutes, rotating muffin tin from front to back halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.
Weight: 210.2 lb (-3.2 change)
Fasting Blood Glucose Level: 102
Blood Pressure: 118/80
Resting Heart Rate: 90
Total Calorie Intake: 1512 235/60/51*
*”Total Calories per Day” “Carbs/Fat/Protein” The ultimate goal is 1800 calories per day with a macronutrient split of 225/60/90.