If I had to describe today, it would be GAH! I was always at least two projects behind, I had to work overtime to catch up with all my work, I was tired from hearing my neighbors fight all night, it was just an icky day. Not to mention I have a chore list at least a mile long to get done this weekend. But it’s no reason to complain. My worst day is someone else’s dream come true. Some people don’t have a home to clean, or money to buy groceries, or resources to fix maintenance issues, or a job to complain about. Some people don’t even know where their next meal is coming from. Who am I to look down on my blessings because I’m inconvenienced by life.
Because it has been a hard week, I’m spending the evening with me time to help unwind. There is nothing worse than being burned out and busy. I do get to spend time with my family this weekend, and see my niece and nephew whom I love and adore! Always look towards the positive.
On a relevant note, I’m honestly surprised I have not gotten a craving for meat or dairy since today. I saw a recipe for cheesy bacon and egg english muffins, and I thought my heart was going to burst. I also have an almost overwhelming craving for chocolate, which brings me to my recipe of the day! It is really hard to find vegan chocolate. Most big name grocery stores and convenience stores do not carry chocolate that doesn’t contain milk products. Instead of spending way too much online for vegan versions, I learned how to make my own! And I tell you what, it isn’t nearly as expensive as buying from specialty stores.
- 1 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 cup melted Raw Cacao Butter
- 1/3 cup preferred Liquid Sweetener (agave nectar or maple syrup)
- Melt the cacao butter double boiler method on the stove with the lowest heat setting.
- Mix the raw cacao powder and sweetener in a bowl whisking until smooth
- Pour the melted cacao butter into the mixture whisking continuously until smooth.
- Place liquid mixture into a chocolate mold or a small pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place into the freezer for minimum 1/2 hour.
- Take out of the freezer and enjoy!
- Store extra in the freezer.
Weight: 210.2 lb (-3.2 change)
Fasting Blood Glucose Level: 102
Blood Pressure: 118/78
Resting Heart Rate: 99
Total Calorie Intake: 1811 189/55/51*
*”Total Calories per Day” “Carbs/Fat/Protein” The ultimate goal is 1800 calories per day with a macronutrient split of 225/60/90.