I forgot my wallet at home, so I’m out on the town all day, but will not be able to eat until later tonight. Oh boy, will i be a joy to be around. Lesson learned: always have snacks with you. Every seasoned vegan will tell you that when being away from home for long periods of time, always have snacks with you. Something as simple as a bag of nuts or a granola bar could keep you going when you feel like you haven’t eaten in ages.
I’m looking for my next big topic I want to address. I’ve gone over food industry controversies, green-washed advertising, healthier diet choices, and overall well-being, but what should I talk about next. I could report about humans in the food industry, or the economical implications of a plant based diet.
Since I’m apparently skipping dinner today, I have plenty of time to think about such things.
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
– 2 medium white potatoes
– 1/4 white onion
– 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning (a blend of basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and black pepper)
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 2-4 cloves of garlic
– 1 tsp salt
– 12 oz fettuccine pasta
- Boil 4 cups of water in a small pot. Peel and chop the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut a quarter of an onion into cubes, and combine with potato in the pot.
- Boil for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Begin cooking 12 oz of fettuccine pasta in a separate pot.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup raw cashews with 1 cup of the water used to boil the veggies. Add the veggies, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and seasonings. Blend until creamy.
- Add more of the boiling water if the mixture is too thick. Add more salt to taste.
- Tip: adding 1 tsp of nutritional yeast, and 1/4 tsp truffle oil will really make this dish pop with cheesy flavor!
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta, serve and enjoy!
Weight: 212.0 lb (-1.4 change)
Fasting Blood Glucose Level: 102
Blood Pressure: 112/70
Resting Heart Rate: 94
Total Calorie Intake: 1411 189/55/51*
*”Total Calories per Day” “Carbs/Fat/Protein” The ultimate goal is 1800 calories per day with a macronutrient split of 225/60/90.